Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bouncing Back

Well, Jazzy went to his first show since being so sick - he was down about 6 pounds but still looked good - although I like him pudgier!

This was Jazz's first 2 day show and believe me we had a harrowing start. First we decided to wait until the day of to bathe him - got myself a brandy new blower so I figured I could dry him and he would still be nice and fluffy. Ya, well, talk about a STUPID idea! The poor dog's head almost came off. Scared the livin' crap right out of him! So much for a blower. So, we had to let him air dry, which entailed lots of rubbing with a towel and he had to stay in the house as it was pretty cold. Thank God his class wasn't until 2!

I had to go alone to day 1 as M was busy, so off we went just me and the wee bunchy boy. I had planned to get there about an hour early and we arrived just as planned - but it wasn't enough!!!

With the whole being sick for 2 weeks and the blower debackle Jazz could have used alot more time to settle down.

Jazz was VERY fidgity in the ring, just wanted to play with the judge and see what she was doing - she commented that he was "very nosy" - an understatement to be sure! His around was nice though and movement was nice so I couldn't complain too much. As it was he won his age group and best puppy but he was the only puppy his age so that wasn't really a win.

Day 2 - Another story altogether! M & Kat joined us and I think it helped. He was poised, spritely; just a real joy. He stood like a perfect gentleman for the judge and his around was just superb - all flashy and jaunty. Self stacked like a pro - who are you and what have you done with my dog!?!?!?! End result? Won his age group (again no competition) and won Winner's Dog against the person that beat us the day before.

The Judge from the day before stopped by and watched, she was pleased to see him come good and said there would be no problem finishing him. She said he moved very well and was just SO friendly, and that she loved his feet - just perfect.

The photo is from day one - you can see neither one of us is too happy! No photo was taken on the winning day two - it was my turn to be sick and I just could not wait around for 45 boxers to be judged before getting in line for a photo. My bad I know, but I was home and we were both asleep long before the boxer judging would have been finished.

No comments: